81. Heinrich Wilhelm LUHRS was born on 25 May 1848 in Light Pass, a village in the Barossa Valley, S.A. In 1871, he married Elizabeth Maria JOPPICH. She was born in 1847 in Parchwitz, Silesia. After farming at Light Pass and then at Neales Flat, they decided to take the family and move east to N.S.W. The family took up selections of land and several settled in various parts of the state. Heinrich Wilhelm and Elizabeth Maria Joppich were buried in Parkes Cemetery in N.S.W.
They had the following children:
129. i. Heinrich Wilhelm LUHRS was born in 1872, in Light Pass, S.A. and died in 1950.
130. ii. Henry LUHRS was born in 1873, in Light Pass, S.A.
131. iii. Mary Augusta LUHRS was born in 1874, in Light Pass, S.A. and died in 1942.
132. iv. Louise Emma LUHRS was born in 1876, in Neales Flat, S.A. and died in 1952.
133. v. Anna Louise LUHRS was born in 1877, in Neales Flat, S.A. and died in 1954, in Parkes, N.S.W.
133. vi. Infant, born in 1878, in Neales Flat, S.A. and died in 1878.
134. vii. Carl Fredrick LUHRS was born in 1880, in Light Pass, S.A. and died in 1948.
135. viii. Emelia Bertha LUHRS was born in 1882, in Light Pass, S.A.
136. ix. Lydia Selma LUHRS was born in 1884.
137. x. Clara Elizabeth LUHRS was born in 1891 and died in 1920.
Return to Table of Contents